Tuesday 16 April 2013

MASTER BEDROOM: POST THREE

Have you ever had a small project that escalated quickly?

Initially I really wanted to paint the ceiling in our bedroom.  The old ceiling was white (which is fine), but it's a bit boring and I like to think of the ceiling as another wall.  I picked out a cream/pink coloured hue from Behr called "Palatial."  Sounds nice, doesn't it?  It is.

Not sure if you can tell from the photos but the ceiling is indeed Palatial.

Once all the furniture was out of the room I could see just how poorly the walls had been painted.  Not to say the previous owners were bad painters...but the previous owners were bad painters.  And that white trim wasn't looking so white in places.  And we had always talked about ripping the carpet up.  With all the furniture out of the room, this was the time, wasn't it?  (I am not a fan of the light fixture either but that seems more expensive and difficult to change out - I wouldn't be doing that one myself - so it's there indefinitely.)  We're actually thinking of adding crown molding at some point in the near future but I'm not making myself any promises.

Here it is - another post of my tiny project turned slightly larger project.



No comments:

Post a Comment