Friday 21 October 2011

NEW (OLD) CHAIRS

Last fall we were visiting new friends of ours from church and I told them how much I liked their wingback chairs.  Immediately they begged us to take them far, far away where they would never have to see them again (besides when they come over to our house).  A bit of an exaggeration, but for some reason, they really did want to get rid of these chairs.  At the time we had to say we couldn't do such a thing because we were living in a tiny little apartment, but a few months later when we bought a house, they brought the chairs over on moving day.  I live for free furniture (and hubby doesn't mind it either).

A little background: before these chairs belonged to our friends, D and H, they belonged to their country church back home.  H's mom picked them out as the pastor's chairs which sat on the altar.  I can't quite remember all the details but their church closed maybe...and H's mom decided she was reclaiming the chairs.  So these wingbacks upon which now sit our bums, once sat D and H's bums, once sat Holy bums for the Lord. :)

Long story short - one of them is now reupholstered!  It is in all its glory, living up to its full potential.  I can practically hear it shouting, "Thank you!" from the living room.  Covered in floral/paisley fabric from www.designerfabrics.ca and navy piping - it looks fab!  Can't wait for chair #2!


Before
After
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are quite the reuphosterer Amy!! It looks incredible! And "Holy bums for the Lord" actually made me burst out laughing! Love your blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rebekah! You're the first person to post a comment. I'm having a blast blogging so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How in the world did you order fabric online? I love it. Someday you can be my doctor and my interior designer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this website via sarahrichardsondesign.com (my favourite HGTV designer). You can order samples really inexpensively so I did that and then made the plunge! (And I would love to be both your doctor and interior designer. Haha.)

    ReplyDelete