Saturday 15 October 2011

FOR YOUR LISTENING PLEASURE

I sometimes think I would like to be more "into" independent music so when I discovered my hosts in Prague this summer like independent music, I was quite excited.  They introduced me to a few new bands including Dead Man's Bones which features frontman Ryan Gosling (and as Jay Onrait would say - Canadian).

I ordered their cd and it arrived last week (why is amazon so slow?) so I've been listening to it ever since.  I had fallen in love with their song "Name in Stone" and was a little disappointed to find out it isn't on their cd.  Oh well.

I would describe their sound as 50s music meets zombies... Their songs are full of "shooby dooby doos" and the like.  There just aren't enough shooby dooby doos in the world, are there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEvF7qUf2Pc

No comments:

Post a Comment