One of my favourite desserts my mom makes is her Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake. Now, this isn't your typical cheescake. It's really more cake than cheese. One of my best friends doesn't like cheesecake, so if you're reading this, A, you still won't like this cake. Sorry. It still has cream cheese in it but the base is more cakey than you might expect. This week I halved the recipe and made a mini cake for hubby for a treat (because I have been avoiding cooking lately and he doesn't like that). Here's the recipe!
2 1/2 cups of flour
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup of hard margarine
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp almond flavouring
1 package softened cream cheese
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1/4 cup sugar
1. Combine the flour and sugar and cut in the margarine until the mixture is crumbly.
2. Set aside 1 cup of this for the top of the cake.
3. To the rest, add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, egg, and almond flavouring and blend well.
4. Use a spring-form cake pan and spread the cake over the bottom and part way up the sides. Make sure the sides are nice and thin.
5. Beat the cream cheese, add sugar and egg and pour in the cake pan over the batter.
6. Spoon jam over the filling.
7. I ground a good sized handful of almonds in the food processor and added this to the cake topping you set aside earlier. Sprinkle on top of the cake.
8. Bake at 350 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until middle is set and not sloppy.
Enjoy! It's delish!