This year I decided to do something a little different. The last two Christmases I bought wrapping paper at Costco and boy, was it inexpensive. Not only that, it was pretty good quality, too. Nice and thick so it didn't tear easily while you were wrapping. I wanted to do something a bit more pretty and creative this time around so I bought a few items on Etsy including:
1. Aspen Frost patterned paint roller and applicator from NotWallpaper
2. Medium white scalloped gift tags from Catch Some Raes
3. Large red scalloped gift tags from Catch Some Raes
4. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas stamp from Creatiate
5. White poinsettia on red Christmas washi tape from LaZoie
6. Light gold glitter washi tape from LaZoie
7. Black ribbon on sale from Michaels
8. Stamp pad and paint from Michaels
9. Craft paper from Wal Mart or the like
Also loving this washi tape and this washi tape
You could call it "variations of a theme", really. I used those basic staples for all of the presents and no two are exactly alike. Some are completely printed with the Aspen Frost roller, some just have a strip. Some have black ribbon, some red, some none. Multicolour washi tape and one of two tags, you get the idea. I think they're pretty exciting because they're unique, fun, and a little bit creative. Hubby was a bit horrified that I bought a paint roller for $50 with shipping and handling. He can't quite seem to get past that to enjoy the spirit of Christmas wrapping... Frivolous, he says. Men. ;)
And in case you're wondering, our tree skirt is actually two fur "rugs"
from Wal Mart. You can find them in the section with bathroom things
and rugs. They come in all different colours (lots of neon, actually) and I have two wrapped
around the bottom of my tree.