Sunday 26 October 2014

CURB APPEAL - POST FIVE

If you saw my last curb appeal post you might remember we have a to do list the length of my arm. We still have two sides of the house to paint which we can only finish if we get some more dry weather. My only real hopes for this fall were a new house number and maybe new porch lights.

I pictured a house number plaque that included our street name, to add some pizazz. After searching Etsy I found WoodDesigners - link here. (I also really liked this one from GlamorousFindings but hubby wasn't crazy about it.) WoodDesigners makes their plaques out of MDF but after a quick email to them they made me a custom order out of oak. It looks awesome and I'm really pleased with it. The only thing about it that is slightly less than perfect is it is made of two pieces of wood glued together so if you look really closely you can see a seam. However, I'm sure no one will ever look that closely.

Here's the before and after.






No comments:

Post a Comment