Wednesday 8 February 2012

BREAKFAST TIME

Last summer I began making a smoothie for breakfast every morning.  Let me tell you, it's fantastic.  Smoothies are one of the only things I could eat every day without getting tired of it!  And to let you in on the action, I'm going to share my own person smoothie combination with you.

Blend together half a banana and 1 1/2 cups of orange juice.  (The banana takes a little extra time so you don't get chunks.)  Sometimes I add pecan or walnut pieces to add some protein.  Add 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt and 3/4 cup of raspberries.  I use frozen raspberries you buy at the grocery store.  That way the smoothie is cold and they're kind of acting as ice cubes.  Ta-Da!  A delicious Vanilla - Rasberry - Banana smoothie that has protein, dairy, and fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment