Thursday 17 May 2012

HAPPY BIRTHING!

I have been dying to blog this photo and since I'm currently procrastinating, (my last exam is tomorrow), it seems like a good time!

My whole class has been very excited because one of our classmates is pregnant with baby number two.  I'm especially excited because J is one of my travel buddies from last summer and I love when people, (who are not me), have babies!  For quite a few months now we have been calling the fetus (ha!) Bubba - a nickname given to the baby by her four year old brother.  Somewhere over the course of the semester the nickname stuck and we're all anxiously awaiting Bubba's arrival. :)

Recently I hosted a non-traditional shower for J and Bubba.  It was more of a baby party, really, with our whole class invited - boys and all!  It was a lot of fun (and was by far the most people we've ever had in our house).  We ate all kinds of delicious potluck foods, played weird baby games, and opened gifts.  Leroy was there through it all.  He became the center of attention when everyone was playing the balloon game, (you know, where you hit a balloon back and forth without letting it touch the ground), and he joined in on the action.  He was jumping in the air and bumping the balloon with his little nose just like Air Bud.  We're so proud.  In all seriousness, it was quite a hoot.  (And hubby and I weren't the only ones who thought so!)

Aside from discovering Leroy's doggie basketball potential, the other highlight of the night came when J opened gifts.  One of the boys gave her a thank you card instead of some variation of the classic, "Congratulations!  You're having a baby!" card.  You'll see.


JW, you had already left by the time your card was opened, but you should know your card was a hit.  I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment