Thursday 13 March 2014

WHAT TO WEAR: DINNER AND A GAME

I'm home from work today because the roads are terrible, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to blog about our trip to Boston from a month or so ago.  Hubby and I hadn't been on vacation together since last year on my March Break (since as a third/fourth year medical student you don't get any vacation during the summer) so we decided to go on a little trip to Freeport, Maine, and Boston, Mass!  I have driven past Boston a few times on my way to Cape Cod and NYC, but I had never actually been there so I was excited to go, even in the midst of the snows of February.  It's the home of Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, donchaknow!

My favourite part of the trip was the Boston Celtics game on Friday night.  I have been to a number of professional baseball games (all Expos games), but this was my first NBA game.  We went to dinner first at Boston Beer Works which is right down the street from the TD Garden.  It was pub food but really yummy, actually, and I'm not normally a fan of pub fare.  I had the nachos (ol' faithful) and they were delish!  And I know me a good plate of nachos, people.

I wanted to wear something kind of nice for a few reasons. 1. We were going out to dinner first. 2. I don't own any green Celtics gear and did not plan on buying any. 3. We only spent two nights in the city so I wanted to make the most of it.  I decided on a sweatshirt from Garage, a skirt (old) from TJ Maxx that I have since trashed (sadly) because it was getting pretty worn out, and booties from Aldo.


The game itself was pretty great.  My dad is a HUGE Celtics fan so I grew up watching a lot of Celtics on tv.  My dad's a teacher and when I was little, his classroom was full of Larry Bird gear and newspaper clippings.  H core.  So, needless to say, that added to my excitement at my first NBA game.

Hilariously, just before halftime, a player was subbing in from the sidelines and hubby and I were both (unknowingly) staring him down.  Hubby looked at me and said, "Is that Kris Humphries?"  I said, "I was wondering the same thing!!"  It was.  The Hump.  Mr. Kardashian himself.  That was quite distracting for me, watching Kimmy K's ex.  I got quite the giggle out of that one.


The whole trip we said, "Wouldn't it be nice to live in a big city and be able to go to shows and games whenever you wanted?"  It would be nice, wouldn't it?  ...and expensive.  Next sports-related item on my bucket list?  NFL game.  Because that would be awesome.  I think hubby would say his is a PGA tour event.  Tomatoes.  Tom-AAH-toes.

2 comments:

  1. If never been to an NBA game! It would be so incredible. Glad you loved Boston!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really fun, Barb. I would recommend it for sure.

    ReplyDelete