Friday 13 January 2012

MY BEST FRIENDS

Some of my best friends are books.  I have fond memories of laying in my "reading chair" in my parents' living room with my feet on the wall reading for hours.  My grandparents lived 7 hours from my family and I often spent the entire drive engrossed in a book.  Often I had two or three on the go and would finish a chapter in one just to move onto the next novel.

My parents might account my poor eyesight to my love of reading, actually.  This is because when I was supposed to be asleep I would read by the light of my nightlight so they couldn't tell I was still awake.  It became a bit of a problem...

In kindergarten I read books to my classmates.  In grade one I finished The Babysitter's Club series.  In grade two I read The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White and the Little House on the Prairie books.  From there I went on to tackle Nancy Drew, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, The Phantom Tollbooth, and many more!  As I said before - some of my best friends are books!


If you can also be found late at night saying, "Just one more page!", hiding your current novel under the desk during lecture, gabbing non-stop to whoever will listen about, "This great book I just read!" then you need to watch this video.  It will make your heart happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment