Wednesday 10 September 2014

LOCAL TALENT FEATURING MAIRIRYAN TEXTILE DESIGNS

This is new for me, guys.  I'm super nervous about this post because I want to do justice to this project because I am really proud of it.   This is the first time I've shared someone else's work and I hope you love it as much as I do!

Let me start at the beginning.

My incredibly talented cousin, Dee Wilkie, started her own business a couple of years ago.  It is called MairiRyan Textile Designs (named for her sister and husband) and you can find more information here.  She makes a variety of cool products including headbands and she will be at the Fredericton Fall Craft Show if you're local and want to check it out (because you totally should. Peer pressure).

My favourite thing that Dee makes?  Gorgeous hand dyed and hand painted silk fabrics.  Enter Adrienne Goodine, local fashion designer.  A collaboration between the two with Dee's fabrics and Adrienne's designs?  Awesome.  I'll stop there because the photos below really speak for themselves.

Remember to support local artisans and check out MairiRyan Textile Designs at the Fredericton Fall Craft Show on October 3 - 5.

Photo Credit: Lance Kenneth Blakney and assistant Bobby Cole.  Model: Athenais model.  Hair and Makeup: Amy Barter.  Designers: Dee Wilkie and Adrienne Goodine.

 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Ammy ! love your blog and your beautiful house ! You have a new follower
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete