Sunday 20 November 2011

THE PERFECT SHOE

Sometimes I'm reluctant to buy accessories and I include shoes in that statement.  I just find accessories expensive considering they're just supposed to compliment an outfit.  They don't keep you warm or cover up any key parts.  That being said, I do like belts, jewellery, shoes...I just don't often purchase them myself.

I can also partially contribute that to being a tad picky.  When hubby and I were dating I told him I only buy "the perfect shoe".  It's out there, folks.  You just have to look long and hard.  It is perfectly comfortable, perfectly stylish.  Anything less and I just won't pay for it which leads me back to my first statement of "I'm reluctant to buy accessories".  (That is called circular thinking - neuro exam FYI.)

This summer I bought a pair of red Toms and love them.  You've heard of TOMS right?  For every pair of shoes you buy, they send a pair to a child in a third world country.  And currently they have a few Movember styles.  Here are some finds from their website that I'm currently loving (and you can find them here, here, here, and here).  Also - people often say to buy them in a half size smaller than you would normally wear because the canvas stretches a bit.  I bought mine in a 7.5 when I normally wear an 8 and I have found them to be just right.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting a pair of Toms for a while, but now I figure I will wait til the Spring to get a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first pair above are at Je Suis Prest!

    ReplyDelete