Friday 14 June 2013

BARBECUE CHICKEN PIZZA

We've been using a lot of shredded chicken lately and I've been thinking about making this recipe.  Have you ever shredded chicken?  You boil chicken breasts in water and then use two forks to shred it.  Very easy and it's kind of nice because you feel like you end up with more meat in the end.

I made this with this easy pizza dough recipe from Simply Recipes.  I've made it a few times and it's basically fool proof.  While the dough was rising I fried up some spanish onions in a frying pan with butter.  I used to hate onions and I'm just starting to like them but I find I have to fry them before I use them in anything.  I still hate that crunchy onion taste/feel.  I added red peppers and sliced mushrooms when the onions were soft and golden.  I drizzled BBQ sauce over the pizza dough before spreading out my ingredients and I also mixed BBQ sauce into the chicken.  We used a mixture of our dwindling cheese supply - swiss, tex mex, and cheddar.  A delicious, easy supper.  Hubby was a fan.  Me too, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment