Thursday 20 June 2013

GO BANANAS

For study breaks here and there I've been baking.  No surprise, really.  This week I made banana chocolate chip muffins and I've been kind of living off them.  They're an easy breakfast when you're late for work and heading out the door!  It was also kind of exciting because we just bought cooling racks and I've been wanting them for - like - ever. :)


I can't remember if I've posted about these muffins before, but in case I haven't, here's the recipe.  (Compliments of my friend Higgsy.)

Mix together in a large bowl: 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup white sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt (which I skip).  In a second bowl beat 2 eggs until frothy and add: 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup milk, 3 mashed bananas.  This time I also added a few spoonfuls of applesauce to make them more moist.  Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients.  Mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.  Bake on 400 for 15-20 minutes.

In other news, the neighbourhood cats are driving me crazy!!!  I planted a little garden in our backyard like I did last summer and they keep using it as a litter box!  Every time I water the garden it is full of more poop and the bean sprouts have been dug up!  It is driving me crazy.  It is quite literally disgusting.  And because I'm stressed out everything is more annoying, right?  Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment